Notifications
Clear all

Letter/Card writing?  

RSS

Roseanna
(@roseannamwhitegmail-com)
Member Admin
18/03/2020 7:34 am  

I've actually read a couple books in the last few months that made me think of this--both YA, hilariously. Within These Lines by Stephanie Morrill and Victoria Grace, the Jerkface by S.E. Clancy (releases May 2020).

Though very different stories, both have letter writing as a key ingredient. In WTL, the hero and heroine can only write to each other after the hero is sent to an internment camp for the Japanese Americans during WW2. In VGtJF, the heroine and an elderly lady in a nursing home join forces to write letters to active military.

At the time of writing this, I'm stuck at home during COVID-19 social distancing, which means my monthly nursing home visit with my church group is likely cancelled. So it popped into my head to put together a box of cards to those residents who usually attend. And perhaps others, though I'd need to recruit some help for that. =) I'm thinking I can just put them all in a box addressed to the nursing home and let them distribute.

Any other ideas for other things to tuck into the packages?

This topic was modified 4 months ago by Roseanna

V. Joy Palmer
(@vjoypalmer)
18/03/2020 5:54 pm  

Maybe packets of caffeine-free tea and index cards with Bible verse or prayers written on them?  

<3 V. Joy Palmer

David liked
ReplyQuote
Roseanna
Member Admin
18/03/2020 5:55 pm  

@vjoypalmer, that's a great idea!

ReplyQuote
KiwiRob
(@kiwirob)
19/03/2020 9:21 pm  

Suzanne Woods Fisher's new book, 'Two Steps Forward' : I don't want to spoil the story for those yet to read it, but I was thinking what a difference we - i.e. the Christian community - could make if we did what that church did (& I don't mean the first thing, which was also a really good idea, but the 'bigger' thing further into the book - but I really don't want to spoil the story...!) Suffice to say I was challenged, & it would be a good idea to be adding this book to our church libraries, & encouraging people to read & discuss it. We need to be standing tall in our communities, especially in times like these - & actions always speak so much louder than words. [Hope this isn't too oblique.]

ReplyQuote
Roseanna
Member Admin
20/03/2020 5:53 am  

@kiwirob, you can say more! Just put a {SPOILER ALERT} tag in there so people who haven't read yet but want to know to skip that post. 😉

ReplyQuote
Share: